Blue Cow Cafe, Plaza Damas.

In my search for good pet-friendly restaurants, I discovered Blue Cow Cafe at Plaza Damas. Formerly known as Fogal Meat Market, it was renamed as Blue Cow Cafe but the restaurant decor and menu has not changed much.

#1 – Blue Cow Cafe, Plaza Damas.

Situated in the labyrinth that is Plaza Damas, we had trouble locating it at first. In fact our first time there almost did not happen because after walking for about 45 minutes searching for the restaurant I had wanted to give up. Fortunately, the boo managed to find it in the nick of time. I’m glad we did because it has become our regular haunt for good ol’ pork dishes.

There’s an impressive meat deli in the restaurant which can render even the most stoic diner excited.

#2 – Meat haven.

I love the soups. Always piping hot and enough to be shared between 2 people. It was a rainy day and we decided to share a bowl of spicy tomato soup. It was very good, it’s got a bite to it and it wasn’t too sour.

#3 – Spicy tomato soup.

We’ve tried the pea & ham soup and also the creamy mushroom soup. Both were also very delicious. For my main, I ordered roast pork with apple sauce. I order this every time I visit Blue Cow Cafe.

#4 – Roast pork with apple sauce.

#5 – The fragrant apple sauce.

My favourite part of this dish is the crackling that come with. Fresh, delicious, crunchy, fatty pork crackling.

#6 – Pork crackling.

#7 – That’s a look of sheer happiness.

The babber ordered fish & chips.

#8 – Fish & chips.

According to him, it was very good. Batter was crispy and the fish was flaky. The chips were fresh and good.

#9 – Even Charlie approves.

We’ve been there half a dozen times and were happy every time. One thing though, trust me and don’t ever order the kebab. Everything else, the pies, the ribs, the dessert, the lamb stew were all delicious.

#10 – Christmas Roast Turkey.

They even have xmas roast turkey for order, and I intend to try it out this year.

#11 – The patio area of Blue Cow Cafe.

Price wise it is very reasonable. For instance, the big bowl of soup is about RM11. My roast pork with apple sauce is just shy of RM20.

The atmosphere would actually be pretty good if it weren’t for the nearby construction works. But that’s not a good enough reason to avoid Blue Cow Cafe. For a pork and pet lover, it’s a perfect place to go.

The Blue Cow Cafe
    N-1-4, Plaza Damas
    No.60, Jalan Sri Hartamas
    Tel: 03-62013206
    It’s situated in the same row as Yoga Zone and it’s not inside the complex.

, , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to Blue Cow Cafe, Plaza Damas.

1. Hui September 25, 2009 at 5:31 pm #

Thanks for this post. I’ve been looking for pet friendly eating places. It is such a shame to leave her home when we go out to eat.

2. beetrice September 25, 2009 at 6:03 pm #

they’re pet friendly? err…is there a restriction on pet size? if not i’d love to bring mine there… :D

3. Kimberlycun September 25, 2009 at 7:55 pm #

hui: glad you found a new place to bring ur doggy :) check out marmalade at mt kiara and TTDI’s Sid’s too!

bee: hmm..i don’t know about restriction on size, but you could call them and ask. i suppose if the dog’s well-behaved it shouldn’t be a problem!

4. Myhorng September 26, 2009 at 7:24 pm #

great place nice food indeed. love it.

5. KY September 28, 2009 at 10:05 am #

Charlie approves by shere smell? lol

that plate of roast pork is making me hungrehhhh

6. Kimberlycun September 28, 2009 at 5:32 pm #

horng: yeah the food is pretty great!

ky: yeah everytime new food arrives, he pops up to take a whiff! must eat the roast pork

7. Sher Reen September 29, 2009 at 4:12 pm #

Hi Kim,

Sorry for being random, but i did came by some time ago in your blog that u found a pet daily care center around your area? can I roughly know how izit like? bcz i have my lil puppy at home, but i could bare to see him home alone everyday, when me and my bf is at work.

(Sorry for leaving this at your comment section, couldn’t find your email on kimberlycun.com)

Thanks.

cheers,
    Sher Reen

8. Simon Seow September 29, 2009 at 7:36 pm #

OMG. Pork crackling. I want.

• Kimberlycun September 29, 2009 at 8:13 pm #

simon: u should check it out. the fresh crackling is awesome. i asked for extra serving before but they were pre-made..not so good.

9. andy December 3, 2010 at 12:31 pm #

i frequent this care myself. and yes, i am a pork lover :)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Blue Cow Cafe, Plaza Damas. » NARCISSISM IS NECESSARY | doglore.net - September 25, 2009

[...] more here: Blue Cow Cafe, Plaza Damas. » NARCISSISM IS NECESSARY Bookmark It Hide Sites Categories : Dog Friendly [...]